Smoothies are a quick and nutritious way to enjoy a balanced breakfast in one convenient cup. However, smoothies too often resemble milkshakes instead of the nutritious power drink they could be. When done right, smoothies pack a nutritional punch that includes protein, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Choose fruit – frozen berries, kiwi, orange
- Choose a base – kefir, juice, coconut water, milk/mylk, kombucha, coffee
- Thicken it up – yogurt, ice cubes, banana, avocado, nut butter, chia seeds
- Pack the power – add greens (spinach, kale, powdered blend), protein powder, bee pollen, probiotic, superfood powder (maca, acai, reishi)
- Add more flavor – honey, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon
Strawberry Creamsicle Smoothie:
- 1/2 cup mix of Waterwheel Garden frozen blueberries, strawberries, & raspberries*
- 1/4 cup Treasured Sunrise Acre’s raw cream*
- 1/2 cup Picabo Desert Farm vanilla bean yogurt*
- Handful of Kraay’s Market & Garden spinach* & chia seeds
- Dash of cinnamon & bee pollen*
Layer ingredients in your blender with liquid on both the bottom and the top for a smooth blend. Serve in glass mason jar with a reusable straw. Enjoy!
*Available at NourishMe year-round, at the Wood River Farmers’ Market June-September, or online through Kraay’s Market & Garden