Coordinated by LFA's Amy Mattias, the Wholesale Producer Partnership (WPP) is an initiative to formalize, strengthen and expand already existing collaborations of South-Central Idaho farmers to ensure strong balanced supply and demand for locally produced products entering the wholesale food markets in the Wood River Valley region.
- Certified organic vegetable, fruit, and grain producers in South-Central Idaho
- Wholesale buyers in the Wood River Valley region including grocery stores, restaurants, and institutional buyers
- Wood River Valley-based organizations promoting quality of place, including but not limited to: Sun Valley Institute’s food program, Local Food Alliance; Sun Valley Culinary Institute; Visit Sun Valley; Sun Valley Resort; The Chamber
- Individuals residing and visiting the Wood River Valley region
- Improved coordination to meet growing collaborations and subsequent distribution efforts; enhancing access to locally produced food in the Wood River Valley region;
- Assess and support growth of the wholesale supply and demand for locally produced foodstuff. Expand business opportunities throughout the local food supply chain;
- Co-create a long-term vision for food resilience with a wholesale food system that will serve future generations;
- Develop a successful model for implementing a collaborative, local food distribution between farmers and buyers, ensuring all associated costs are covered by revenue streams within three years.